Skip to main content

Smart Shuffle

Left - Shuffle, Right - Smart-shuffle
Wouldn't it be nice if all media players, iPods, Android phones, or whatever you use to listen to music could all sync? I would love to look at the statistics on my music listening habits. Which songs get skipped one second in? Which songs have I listened to the most in my lifetime? Which songs are never played? Which songs are over-played?

This got me to thinking about a smarter way to shuffle songs. Let's just assume that somehow, music we listen to was kept track regardless of whatever device we use. Some magical tool that we shove in our ears, I don't know. Think of the possibilities!

Music that was recently added to the library have heavier weight. Songs with high play-counts can slowly decrease in weight à la diminishing returns. Lower play-count songs will be favored over higher play-count songs. The same song will never play back-to-back. An option to have smoother transitions from song to song so we aren't listening to classical Bach one song and then suddenly Lil Wayne.

Ignoring the issue of how to keep track of songs we listen to in our lifetimes, doesn't the technology to do at least the mentioned above already exist? Albeit my play-count in Windows Media Player are pretty abysmal because I chronically skip songs, I would love some of the above-mentioned functionality.


On a side note, I wish a song would count as "played" if at least 50% of the song was listened to. If not 50%, at least make it customizable!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jooble

Yesterday, I received an incredibly friendly email from an anonymous person who claimed to have read my blog and "loved it." Of course, because my blog is public and anybody can comment anonymously, I was a bit skeptical of this email. Yet, seeing as how this was the first ever "fan mail" I've ever received, I read the email. It wasn't fan mail, but it was an email from a person who works for a website called " Jooble ." Interested by his genuineness and heartfelt compliments of my blog, I took a quick glance at the website. Here's what he had to say about Jooble: Jooble operates in 45+ countries, so if you would like to find a job in other locations you may try to search jobs in: Argentina , Australia , Austria , Belgium , Belarus , Brazil , Canada , Chile , China Colombia , Czech Republic , Denmark , Spain , Finland , France , Germany , Greece , Hong Kong , Hungary , Italy , India , Indonesia , Ireland , Japan , Kazakhstan , Mexi...

Making a Board Game

Wanted to update my blog with what I've been up to recently. I made a board game and have been working on that full time for the past 3 or so months. The name is still WIP but it's tentatively set as "Our Modern Lives." It's a tile/card based map-building game. The goal is to achieve "Success" and "Happiness" before anyone else can by building your own route. Here are a few pictures of the current build (v1.20 Beta): On a side note, follow me on Instagram for more (semi-frequent) updates!

Connect With Me

This is a story about two best friends. They were the grow up like brothers kind of best friends. The chase girls together kind. The never rat the other out kind. The always true to each other thick and thin kind. You know what I mean. They were inseparable. One was named Adam, the other Bill. Adam was an artist. He loved all forms of art--film, paint, photo, everything. If it was created or captured, chances are, he's seen it. He kept a journal of his thoughts and mostly kept to himself--and, of course, Bill. He was what you might call a shy guy. Following his passions, he went to art school and graduated with an excellent education and a renewed passion for his art. Bill was a business man. He loved money, making deals, and shaking hands. If it was profitable or had even the slimmest chance of making money, chances are, he's done it. He rarely stays still and is constantly out and about. At the local bar, the club, restaurant, wherever the new hot spot was. He was what yo...