Skip to main content

#30daydeveloper - Day 27 & 28 - Levels

Hello! If this is your first time reading about my thirty day developer challenge, click here to go to the first post!
Only two days left. I can almost taste the finish line (two idioms mixed here). Today, I implemented levels. Every hundred points, the level goes up by one. With each level, enemies move faster. Every two levels, enemies spawn quicker. And finally, every ten levels, enemies spawn in greater numbers at a time. The highest level I managed to get to myself was thirty-one with a final score of 3190. Do you think you can beat my high score?

If you're finding the beginning too slow or boring, here's a tip: since enemies move relatively slowly in the beginning, it's really easy to collect the highest combination of balls to maximize your score with a single submit (alternating, full inventory, and two color). Doing this brings you up to level seven or so immediately, drastically increasing the pace of the game.
The game gets harder with every level every hundred points
  • Implemented levels
    • Every hundred points is a new level
    • Every level enemies move faster
    • Every two levels enemies spawn quicker
    • Every ten levels enemies spawn in greater numbers
  • Implemented a pause screen (press P to pause while in game)
  • Reduced the amount of radius recovery when collecting similar colored balls
    • i.e. When you're hurt, the player's radius gets reduced by five, whereas if you collect a ball, your radius only goes up by one
  • Fixed a bug with inventory not clearing upon game over
  • Reworded the quit and return text (removed periods)

On a side note, I got nothing today for you here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jooble

Yesterday, I received an incredibly friendly email from an anonymous person who claimed to have read my blog and "loved it." Of course, because my blog is public and anybody can comment anonymously, I was a bit skeptical of this email. Yet, seeing as how this was the first ever "fan mail" I've ever received, I read the email. It wasn't fan mail, but it was an email from a person who works for a website called " Jooble ." Interested by his genuineness and heartfelt compliments of my blog, I took a quick glance at the website. Here's what he had to say about Jooble: Jooble operates in 45+ countries, so if you would like to find a job in other locations you may try to search jobs in: Argentina , Australia , Austria , Belgium , Belarus , Brazil , Canada , Chile , China Colombia , Czech Republic , Denmark , Spain , Finland , France , Germany , Greece , Hong Kong , Hungary , Italy , India , Indonesia , Ireland , Japan , Kazakhstan , Mexi...

Making a Board Game

Wanted to update my blog with what I've been up to recently. I made a board game and have been working on that full time for the past 3 or so months. The name is still WIP but it's tentatively set as "Our Modern Lives." It's a tile/card based map-building game. The goal is to achieve "Success" and "Happiness" before anyone else can by building your own route. Here are a few pictures of the current build (v1.20 Beta): On a side note, follow me on Instagram for more (semi-frequent) updates!

Connect With Me

This is a story about two best friends. They were the grow up like brothers kind of best friends. The chase girls together kind. The never rat the other out kind. The always true to each other thick and thin kind. You know what I mean. They were inseparable. One was named Adam, the other Bill. Adam was an artist. He loved all forms of art--film, paint, photo, everything. If it was created or captured, chances are, he's seen it. He kept a journal of his thoughts and mostly kept to himself--and, of course, Bill. He was what you might call a shy guy. Following his passions, he went to art school and graduated with an excellent education and a renewed passion for his art. Bill was a business man. He loved money, making deals, and shaking hands. If it was profitable or had even the slimmest chance of making money, chances are, he's done it. He rarely stays still and is constantly out and about. At the local bar, the club, restaurant, wherever the new hot spot was. He was what yo...