Skip to main content

#30daydeveloper - Day 14 & 15 - Time Stop

Hello! If this is your first time reading about my thirty day developer challenge, click here to go to the first post!

Okay so I cheated and combined two days into one post because I was lazy yesterday and didn't feel like posting anything. Maybe I should make Sundays my days of rest. Everyone needs to take a break once in a while, right?

So since I've realized how bad my game was, I have set out on a journey to make it more fun to play. Today, I created a black and white player controlled ball that you moves with the mouse. In addition, when moving the player ball, time stops for the other enemy balls in the game.

I really like the visual and audio effects that are currently in place. When time stops, a large circle expands outward from the player ball and covers the whole game screen. Concurrently, the background music stops playing and is replaced with the sound of a ticking clock. Really cool stuff.
Don't judge my score.
In addition to the time stop mechanic, I also tweaked the scoring system a bit. Now when a ball of the same color as the corner disappears, you gain five points. If the colors are different, then you only get one point. Finally, if any of the colored balls hits the player, you lose five points.

As far as the scoring system goes, everything is still a work in progress and subject to major tweaking or overhaul.


On a side note, I actually can't stop stopping time. This is really fun!
On a side side note, I can't believe I'm already halfway done with my thirty day challenge! I don't know if I'll have enough time to finish, I still feel so far from done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jooble

Yesterday, I received an incredibly friendly email from an anonymous person who claimed to have read my blog and "loved it." Of course, because my blog is public and anybody can comment anonymously, I was a bit skeptical of this email. Yet, seeing as how this was the first ever "fan mail" I've ever received, I read the email. It wasn't fan mail, but it was an email from a person who works for a website called " Jooble ." Interested by his genuineness and heartfelt compliments of my blog, I took a quick glance at the website. Here's what he had to say about Jooble: Jooble operates in 45+ countries, so if you would like to find a job in other locations you may try to search jobs in: Argentina , Australia , Austria , Belgium , Belarus , Brazil , Canada , Chile , China Colombia , Czech Republic , Denmark , Spain , Finland , France , Germany , Greece , Hong Kong , Hungary , Italy , India , Indonesia , Ireland , Japan , Kazakhstan , Mexi...

Making a Board Game

Wanted to update my blog with what I've been up to recently. I made a board game and have been working on that full time for the past 3 or so months. The name is still WIP but it's tentatively set as "Our Modern Lives." It's a tile/card based map-building game. The goal is to achieve "Success" and "Happiness" before anyone else can by building your own route. Here are a few pictures of the current build (v1.20 Beta): On a side note, follow me on Instagram for more (semi-frequent) updates!

Connect With Me

This is a story about two best friends. They were the grow up like brothers kind of best friends. The chase girls together kind. The never rat the other out kind. The always true to each other thick and thin kind. You know what I mean. They were inseparable. One was named Adam, the other Bill. Adam was an artist. He loved all forms of art--film, paint, photo, everything. If it was created or captured, chances are, he's seen it. He kept a journal of his thoughts and mostly kept to himself--and, of course, Bill. He was what you might call a shy guy. Following his passions, he went to art school and graduated with an excellent education and a renewed passion for his art. Bill was a business man. He loved money, making deals, and shaking hands. If it was profitable or had even the slimmest chance of making money, chances are, he's done it. He rarely stays still and is constantly out and about. At the local bar, the club, restaurant, wherever the new hot spot was. He was what yo...