Skip to main content

Resolution 2015

I don't think I've ever carried out a new year's resolution to fruition. Not that I really cared or really tried, but I guess it's just something that we as a society decide to do each year. So I figured I do it again, but maybe this time, I blog about it so I am held semi-publicly accountable to my resolutions.

When I first started this blog back in high school, I used to really enjoy posting. Therefore, my first new year's resolution will be to recapture that enjoyment of blogging.

When I publicly launched my newly redesigned website and blog, I felt a sense of pride and accomplishment. Something I created with my own two hands and plastered on a slice of the internet for anybody to critique or admire! Therefore, my second new year's resolution will be to create something on the internet.

I don't think blog posts count as "something on the internet" because words are just words. I can type trivial nonsense about my daily life as a blog post, but I don't think that'll help either of my two goals. While I don't really know what it is that I want to create, I know that through repeated efforts, I will be able to hone in on that one special something that will be my passion.
  1. Recapture the joy I used to feel when blogging.
  2. Create something on the internet.

On a side note, I really admire the blogs where a developer posts about his experiences daily as he is working on his project. The latest one I've stumbled across is Twelve Minutes. I aspire to have the same level of motivation and discipline that this developer has.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jooble

Yesterday, I received an incredibly friendly email from an anonymous person who claimed to have read my blog and "loved it." Of course, because my blog is public and anybody can comment anonymously, I was a bit skeptical of this email. Yet, seeing as how this was the first ever "fan mail" I've ever received, I read the email. It wasn't fan mail, but it was an email from a person who works for a website called " Jooble ." Interested by his genuineness and heartfelt compliments of my blog, I took a quick glance at the website. Here's what he had to say about Jooble: Jooble operates in 45+ countries, so if you would like to find a job in other locations you may try to search jobs in: Argentina , Australia , Austria , Belgium , Belarus , Brazil , Canada , Chile , China Colombia , Czech Republic , Denmark , Spain , Finland , France , Germany , Greece , Hong Kong , Hungary , Italy , India , Indonesia , Ireland , Japan , Kazakhstan , Mexi...

Making a Board Game

Wanted to update my blog with what I've been up to recently. I made a board game and have been working on that full time for the past 3 or so months. The name is still WIP but it's tentatively set as "Our Modern Lives." It's a tile/card based map-building game. The goal is to achieve "Success" and "Happiness" before anyone else can by building your own route. Here are a few pictures of the current build (v1.20 Beta): On a side note, follow me on Instagram for more (semi-frequent) updates!

Connect With Me

This is a story about two best friends. They were the grow up like brothers kind of best friends. The chase girls together kind. The never rat the other out kind. The always true to each other thick and thin kind. You know what I mean. They were inseparable. One was named Adam, the other Bill. Adam was an artist. He loved all forms of art--film, paint, photo, everything. If it was created or captured, chances are, he's seen it. He kept a journal of his thoughts and mostly kept to himself--and, of course, Bill. He was what you might call a shy guy. Following his passions, he went to art school and graduated with an excellent education and a renewed passion for his art. Bill was a business man. He loved money, making deals, and shaking hands. If it was profitable or had even the slimmest chance of making money, chances are, he's done it. He rarely stays still and is constantly out and about. At the local bar, the club, restaurant, wherever the new hot spot was. He was what yo...