Skip to main content

#30daydeveloper - Day 4 - Failure...

Hello! If this is your first time reading about my thirty day developer challenge, click here to go to the first post!

If you've noticed, I cleaned up my labels a bit more. Namely, I combined the "rants" and "random" labels together. In its stead I created a new label called "technical"--a label about all things technology. I didn't like how bloated my "1min's life" label was getting with all these new #30daydeveloper posts, so I decided to separate it out.

Yesterday I left off at the steps of what I thought was a large mountain. I wish that I could say that today, I climbed that mountain and took in the breathtaking vistas of the future. But, alas, today was the day that I knew was coming--the day I did not do any coding.

I expected to have at least a few days here and there of laziness or busyness. Thursdays are travel days for me so I am usually on an airplane for a large chunk of the day and am really tired when I get home. Unfortunately, because of my current newbie status, I still need the Phaser documentation available online to do any sort of meaningful coding of my game.

So I apologize dear blog reader, today was the first day I did not complete the coding challenge. Here's to a better tomorrow!


On a side note, it's kind of hard to think of a side note for every post when I have to post every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jooble

Yesterday, I received an incredibly friendly email from an anonymous person who claimed to have read my blog and "loved it." Of course, because my blog is public and anybody can comment anonymously, I was a bit skeptical of this email. Yet, seeing as how this was the first ever "fan mail" I've ever received, I read the email. It wasn't fan mail, but it was an email from a person who works for a website called " Jooble ." Interested by his genuineness and heartfelt compliments of my blog, I took a quick glance at the website. Here's what he had to say about Jooble: Jooble operates in 45+ countries, so if you would like to find a job in other locations you may try to search jobs in: Argentina , Australia , Austria , Belgium , Belarus , Brazil , Canada , Chile , China Colombia , Czech Republic , Denmark , Spain , Finland , France , Germany , Greece , Hong Kong , Hungary , Italy , India , Indonesia , Ireland , Japan , Kazakhstan , Mexi...

Making a Board Game

Wanted to update my blog with what I've been up to recently. I made a board game and have been working on that full time for the past 3 or so months. The name is still WIP but it's tentatively set as "Our Modern Lives." It's a tile/card based map-building game. The goal is to achieve "Success" and "Happiness" before anyone else can by building your own route. Here are a few pictures of the current build (v1.20 Beta): On a side note, follow me on Instagram for more (semi-frequent) updates!

Connect With Me

This is a story about two best friends. They were the grow up like brothers kind of best friends. The chase girls together kind. The never rat the other out kind. The always true to each other thick and thin kind. You know what I mean. They were inseparable. One was named Adam, the other Bill. Adam was an artist. He loved all forms of art--film, paint, photo, everything. If it was created or captured, chances are, he's seen it. He kept a journal of his thoughts and mostly kept to himself--and, of course, Bill. He was what you might call a shy guy. Following his passions, he went to art school and graduated with an excellent education and a renewed passion for his art. Bill was a business man. He loved money, making deals, and shaking hands. If it was profitable or had even the slimmest chance of making money, chances are, he's done it. He rarely stays still and is constantly out and about. At the local bar, the club, restaurant, wherever the new hot spot was. He was what yo...