Skip to main content

#30daydeveloper - Day 26 - Tutorials and Love

Hello! If this is your first time reading about my thirty day developer challenge, click here to go to the first post!
With only four days remaining, I realized I should probably start writing a bit more. This challenge wasn't just done to create a cool game (in fact I had low expectations of being able to complete a game) but more to figure out about myself and my work habits. The full write-up will be delivered at the end of the thirty days, but as you can see from my blog and my almost complete game, things are going pretty well.
I love this message.
On with the changelog!
  • Quit corner now works, prompting users for confirmation before navigating away to my personal webpage
  • Tutorial corner now works
    • Six levels in the tutorial outlining the basic concepts of the game
    • Repeatable but you can close out by pressing R at any time
  • Added message for restarting the game
  • Fixed a bug with creating enemy balls that wouldn't allow me to properly create multiple balls at the same time

On a side note, I still need to polish up the game for mobile--that might be the final mountain to climb in my challenge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jooble

Yesterday, I received an incredibly friendly email from an anonymous person who claimed to have read my blog and "loved it." Of course, because my blog is public and anybody can comment anonymously, I was a bit skeptical of this email. Yet, seeing as how this was the first ever "fan mail" I've ever received, I read the email. It wasn't fan mail, but it was an email from a person who works for a website called " Jooble ." Interested by his genuineness and heartfelt compliments of my blog, I took a quick glance at the website. Here's what he had to say about Jooble: Jooble operates in 45+ countries, so if you would like to find a job in other locations you may try to search jobs in: Argentina , Australia , Austria , Belgium , Belarus , Brazil , Canada , Chile , China Colombia , Czech Republic , Denmark , Spain , Finland , France , Germany , Greece , Hong Kong , Hungary , Italy , India , Indonesia , Ireland , Japan , Kazakhstan , Mexi...

Making a Board Game

Wanted to update my blog with what I've been up to recently. I made a board game and have been working on that full time for the past 3 or so months. The name is still WIP but it's tentatively set as "Our Modern Lives." It's a tile/card based map-building game. The goal is to achieve "Success" and "Happiness" before anyone else can by building your own route. Here are a few pictures of the current build (v1.20 Beta): On a side note, follow me on Instagram for more (semi-frequent) updates!

Connect With Me

This is a story about two best friends. They were the grow up like brothers kind of best friends. The chase girls together kind. The never rat the other out kind. The always true to each other thick and thin kind. You know what I mean. They were inseparable. One was named Adam, the other Bill. Adam was an artist. He loved all forms of art--film, paint, photo, everything. If it was created or captured, chances are, he's seen it. He kept a journal of his thoughts and mostly kept to himself--and, of course, Bill. He was what you might call a shy guy. Following his passions, he went to art school and graduated with an excellent education and a renewed passion for his art. Bill was a business man. He loved money, making deals, and shaking hands. If it was profitable or had even the slimmest chance of making money, chances are, he's done it. He rarely stays still and is constantly out and about. At the local bar, the club, restaurant, wherever the new hot spot was. He was what yo...